R value temperature question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willman

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2008
Sabattus Maine
I was wondering about the r values that are listed for proper protection of wood floors.
I have read the wiki pages and see all the values for different materials. I have also searched for an answer to this question. If I have overlooked a post please post the link concerning this issue.

My question comes from reading specs of an insulation product that rates their product @ 400* thru 1200*. They use k values. For every 200* rise in temp the values go up.
Question is " What temperature is used for figuring r values"? does all manufactures use a standard temp?I have a Jotul insert and cannot find this out.
This product rates @ .46 K per inch @ 400* which according to my wifes calcs is 2.2 R, (shes the one with all the degrees.)
Will

A google search turned this up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-value_(insulation)

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.