Radiance Hampton H35

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

xanadu1797

Nov 12, 2015
Eastern PA
Hey everyone,
well I am learning about gas stoves after having bought one used on marketplace. I didn't understand that the direct vent draws air through the chimney. Looks like I've got some extra steps to complete before I get this thing fired.

Can I snake a flexible 4'' line down through my new 6'' chimney and hose clamp in onto the interior duravent pipe which connect to the thimble? Is that so crazy? Or should I spend the extra $500 on all the special parts?
By the same token, do I need the $150 chimney cap? Seems like this might be the most useful of the special chimney parts.

I'm still finding the LP orifices to switch this thing over so I'll rig something up and fire it before I put in the rest of the effort to plumb the gas nice and remake the chimney.

Just hoping for some guidance re: the setup.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,
well I am learning about gas stoves after having bought one used on marketplace. I didn't understand that the direct vent draws air through the chimney. Looks like I've got some extra steps to complete before I get this thing fired.

Can I snake a flexible 4'' line down through my new 6'' chimney and hose clamp in onto the interior duravent pipe which connect to the thimble? Is that so crazy? Or should I spend the extra $500 on all the special parts?
By the same token, do I need the $150 chimney cap? Seems like this might be the most useful of the special chimney parts.

I'm still finding the LP orifices to switch this thing over so I'll rig something up and fire it before I put in the rest of the effort to plumb the gas nice and remake the chimney.

Just hoping for some guidance re: the setup.

Thanks!
Most gas appliances are tested and listed for use only with the parts specified in the installation manual for the respective appliance.
With Direct Vent technology, the vent size, vent configuration, and termination cap are all critical components that ensure proper operation.