Radiance RNV40 gas , SIT valve update thermocouple question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Canonpdx

Feb 27, 2023
Oregon
Having diagnosed the failed valve (thanks to this site) I ordered a replacement. Two problems. One, the bracket doesn't fit, mounting holes are wider than the new bracket. I can probably figure out an adapter plate but if anyone happens to know if one.
The second issue is the new valve has a thermocouple switch with a blue wire going to the back of the valve. The stove is a natural vent with a wireless thermostat added in, and the previous thermocouple had a 2 spade connector that then feeds into what I assume is a vent switch. Since the new valve clearly needs the blue wire switch do I need to get a thermocouple with interrupted spades in line? Is there any specific part number is it luck of the draw.
Pictures are of the new connection with old in hand and front of valve for reference.

20230814_131347.jpg 20230814_095044_01.jpg

Yes, you would need to get an interrupted thermocouple. That is for the Vent Safety Switch (aka Spill Switch), since this is a naturally vented unit.

You should be able to get interrupted PSE or Honeywell style thermocouples, which were the style of pilots these units used.

Great, thank you. I got one on order. Unfortunately the service companies told us valves couldnt be retrofitted as they werent certified. Said we would need a new stove. Grrr.

I'll post my outcome and confirmed part numbers for others to reference once I am successful.