Radiant floor install help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Full throttle

Oct 25, 2015
Williamsport, IN
I am hooking up my Ridgewood 7500 this weekend. I have radiant floor heat. My current setup is a gas water heater that feeds 5 loops. 3 in the house. 2 in the garage. I am looking for some useful diagrams or pictures of a similar install. I have a 40 plate exchanger for the floor heat. I also have a 20 plate exchanger for the DWH. Thank you.

If those garage circuits are in concrete you will need to make sure you have a bulletproof way of making sure the temperature of the water going back into the boiler stays up above 130F at least or you could have chronic condensation problems inside your boiler. Not just creosote but acidic water corrosion are the results.

Lots of ways to do that. Search this site for "return protection".

Status
Not open for further replies.