Radiant vs convective stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Radiant vs convective stoves - which do you prefer, and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
Title says it all. Which do you prefer, and why: radiant or convective stove designs?

Prefer insert convection because my living room isn't big enough to accomodate a freestanding radiant stove.

I like radiant stoves. They create both radiant heat and natural convection. Best of both worlds.

Convection stoves are just that, convection. You can get radiant heat off the glass but that's about it. Convection stoves are designed more for clearance issues and inserts.

Hoo boy...this is a well worn one.

personally I like girls wi... never mind

I think radiant vs. convection is a crock. That is why I bought a big ass radiant stove with a kick ass blower to put half in and half out of my fireplace to replace the insert. Convect a bunch and radiate a bunch. Get the air in that fireplace hot and let that blower blow it out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.