Rain again....................

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatttFire

Feb 14, 2008
Snowbelt, Ohio
Rain again, and I am not talking sprinkles! We had another flash flood warning last night I think thats the 2 nd since July 1 st. Anyone know or heard if this is some record this year. I am not sure if my wood will ever dry!

Jason

Tell me about it. That storm came in fast, and full force. Sheets of rain. We lost power for 5 hours last night. A triple trunk tree down in town was reduced to a double. People really ought to take care of their trees on such small lots... need to learn to practice singling.

If the wood's still there this afternoon when i get home from work, I'll have to ask if I can help clean it up... assuming the insurance company has already been there by then.

I think we're suppose to be getting that rain here in Maine tonight. Calling for heavy downpours, hail, frequent lightning, and high winds.

Could get interesting.

They were forcasting T'storms this afternoon but luckily it didn't and I got another great load of standing dead for the right price! I've been using a tarp and it's getting old taking it off, putting it on over and over again because they still can't get the forcast right :-S !

derecskey said:
Tarps are for snow, not rain.

i agree but we have gotten so much rain here i am going to cover mine because i don't think it will ever dry ,,, and what i split in may (the end of) i was hoping to burn in jan-feb but looks like i might have to buy

derecskey said:
Tarps are for snow, not rain.

Last I checked snow and rain both have the same main ingredient..water. The drier I keep it now the better until I can get it all split and stacked.

Sigh--here on the wet coast. just took some readings, and because of no rain for the past 50+ days my wood stacked in rows that I bought in March is measuring 20-25% moisture. Of course, we are speaking of softwood... no matter , she will burn clean and hot come winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.