Rain and more rain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Here in the Northeast we are experiencing a contineous pattern of major rain storms, that last for days. We have not really dried out from the first 9" one in early may then another one late May. This is the third such event. Many areas have had 20 plus inches of rain fall prior to the 4" that fell last night. The forcast is for 100% heavy rain today and tomorrow and 70% chance Monday. Too boot very hot and almost unbearable humidity in between Extreme swings and very little confort. Had a wicked thunder storm about 4:00 yesterday to kick this storm off. One good thing I do not have to water the garden. My rain barells are filled and I can forget about mowing the lawn to wet and usually not a good practice when you have to wear an all weather suit and rubber boots.
I had such plans to accomplish things on the honey do list. all are scratched now. I am cleanning up a computer My wife's friends daughter's you know no maintance and every possible down load returning from college. Hell a 286 runs faster than this computer
then I will rebuild that Poulan chain saw carberator, I have not gotten too. Might as well do the same on my 1969 lawn tractor.
Diaphram gaskets and o-rings to replace

We're in the opposite situation. Late June is acting more like July. Warm and dry, no rain in forcast for the next week. Total this month is about 1/4" so far. It's like someone flipped a switch on Memorial Day. Our gardens need regular watering as do the plants I had to move away from the house. The lawn has stopped growing, except over the sewer field, soil is dustbowl dry. Our water bill is going to be pretty bad this month.

Yeah this stinks! Took the weekend off to come home, put the new pipes on the bike and try and get a few cords cut, split and stacked for the parents. Haven't been able to do much o fanything other than get the pipes on the bike and take a quick ride.

Now I have to go do shocks on the soaking wet subaru. bah

I just got home and the bottem of my wood pile is in about 4" of water.I have had enough!

earthharvester said:
I just got home and the bottem of my wood pile is in about 4" of water.I have had enough!
You need some of them megapallets car engines get delivered on.

Im looking into building an Ark, anyone have some decent plans?

Friggin reedickulous
Wood will never dry out at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working on one right now, I will let you know how it comes out if it doesen't wash away first. And my wood pile is already on pallets. I diden't know i had to double them up this year.

Swimming here in south jersey- I figured out yesterday that since I put in the garden, I've only had to water twice-- That's great, but I need a window of dry weather to finish painting some stuff out side.. Turn off the faucet please..

I live in Western Pennsylvania. We have had rain just about every day for the last few weeks. Towns are flooding and every weather forcast calls for flood warnings in low areas. Ground is so saturated the rain just swells the streams and rivers.
The most amazing bureaucratic idiocy is that the state DEP still has all of Pennsylvania under a drought watch! So even if it does stop raining, I'm not allowed to wash my car.

Here is a link to the state's most recent drought report:

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/subj...ughtReports/2006/2006_06_19_Status_Report.htm

Man, last week in VA the temp were HOT and dry.

Now, it has been pouring rain.... coming in wave after wave. The flood warnings are up.

Feels like a sauna with this tropical humidity.

I know you guys up in the NE has had it much worse than us. Chance of rain and T-storms for the next 5 days. The pattern is freight training out of the south.

Bad week for me to move!

I love the rainy nights, I love the rainy nights......Eddie Rabbit

I dunno...kinda like the rain myself....its better than 100 degrees and 99% relative humidity....Im too cheap to buy an air conditioner, and you should see my garden! woohoo!

babalu87 said:
Im looking into building an Ark, anyone have some decent plans?

Friggin reedickulous
Wood will never dry out at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure to get two of every species of wood

There was this bright glowing kind of thing in the NY sky this morning. I didn't have to turn on the lights and that tapping noise on the skylights seems to have stopped for a bit. Should I call the gubermint and tell em I thinks a UFO is here?

Here in Virginia a cruel trick is in progress. We got pounded the last two days and again this morning.

Now the sun is out and shining brightly. But if you look at the radar there are 2.5 inches of rain moving in to inundate us later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.