Rain, Rain and More #!@*(& Rain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
myzamboni said:
Yep .5 inches since February. here in Silicon Valley we typically have no rain from May until some time in October (Mediterranean climate).

I'm calling a moving company. I am from West Texas. 100,000 sq. miles of beach and no ocean.

Rain is evil.

BrotherBart said:
Rain is evil.

Perhaps. But, then, there's an old argument to the effect that without evil, we wouldn't have any concept of good. 8-/ Rick

Lubbock or leave it!

BeGreen said:
Lubbock or leave it!

I actually am from Lubbock.

Latest update at 7:40 pm. Hail. tornadoes popping up all around, one dead in Fairfax, trees down over train tracks and torrential rains just keep coming and coming. And a few hundred thousand without power.

Yep. Evil.

That's a nasty looking front for sure. Stay away from the windows.

Attachments

• VA_front.jpg
    VA_front.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 108
Holy smokes...the folks who bought our home in Fairfax last year are smack dab in the red. I remember. I didn't like it. Take good care of yourself, BB. Rick

It has just made it by us. Next on deck is that mess coming across the Ohio Valley aimed us. About two or three hours out.

Will it ever stop. ALL my flower the wife made me plant are flotting in the flower bed dam rain.6 hard hours of work and the rain takes it way in 15min.we just got nailed with at least1 inch

kEEP THAT CRAP DOWN THAR, i DON'T WANT NO MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was just on the weather channel dude brother brat you must be sitting on the jet stream> Well one good thing is the more rain we get the more the trees fall.HA can any one tell me were i can get a nice peace of that ruubber cheapThat seams to be the way for covering your wood.

Burd said:
Was just on the weather channel dude brother brat you must be sitting on the jet stream> Well one good thing is the more rain we get the more the trees fall.HA can any one tell me were i can get a nice peace of that ruubber cheapThat seams to be the way for covering your wood.

These guys appear to have good prices just from a glance.

http://www.pondliners.com/

fossil said:
Holy smokes...the folks who bought our home in Fairfax last year are smack dab in the red. I remember. I didn't like it. Take good care of yourself, BB. Rick

Been here since '85. Me and the weather dudes think this is the worst one ever. Well, except when the tornado touched down in our yard in 2004 thanks to Ivan. But that one was here and gone in fifteen minutes time.

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

Been here since '85. Me and the weather dudes think this is the worst one ever. Well, except when the tornado touched down in our yard in 2004 thanks to Ivan. But that one was here and gone in fifteen minutes time.

Yeah, we were there '95 - '07, and I had my fill of that. Fran & Isabel particularly stick in my memory, but of course they were by no means the only ones. The ones with no names rolling in from the west can be every bit as bad. This sounds really bad, BB, be careful. Rick

Some chainsaw chow that came down in D.C. in the early buildup to the storms tonight.

Attachments

• big ass oak.jpg
    big ass oak.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 150
And now you're gonna tell us that kid stands about 5'-6", right? Rick

BrotherBart said:
Burd said:

These guys appear to have good prices just from a glance.

http://www.pondliners.com/
What size mil? Will the 45 mil be heavy enough.our go with the really heavy sh-t

Is that a white oak

Burd said:
What size mil? Will the 45 mil be heavy enough.our go with the really heavy sh-t

I have the 45 mil and it is plenty heavy. 62 mile an hour winds today and it never moved.

Try that with blue tarps. ;-P

fossil said:

He is a forward for the Mystics.

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

He is a forward for the Mystics.

Hey BB: if you are up for using the cross-cut saw? and stay away from that noisy chain saw? You could go pit-lamping and score that big tree downed in DC. I can picture it now-BB using the cover of darkness, and the stealth of a Texan, scores a big one.!! ;-)

sonnyinbc said:
the stealth of a Texan

Spurs and a 10 gallon hat???? :gulp:

We just had to batten down the hatches here. Big rain, big thunder and big winds. Looks like several days of this crap in the future.

BrotherBart said:
I hate rain! I just checked and we have gotten 36 inches since January 1st. 11 of it last month.
Riggs! I'm get'n too old for this X#%#!

Daggone - you must be living in a cloud. Dulles and other areas all around you "only" showing around 24" year to date (NWS data). We need the make-up rain for the past couple of years' shortfalls.

BotetourtSteve said:
BrotherBart said:
I hate rain! I just checked and we have gotten 36 inches since January 1st. 11 of it last month.
Riggs! I'm get'n too old for this X#%#!

Daggone - you must be living in a cloud. Dulles and other areas all around you "only" showing around 24" year to date (NWS data). We need the make-up rain for the past couple of years' shortfalls.

Personal weather station a mile away. Make up rain that ran into the Potomac doesn't make up $%^. Or that washed out the bridge on my driveway.

Local weather guru on Channel 7 says he hasn't seen this in his 24 years here. Me either.

It looks like last nights storm's cut a severe swath from Ohio to the coast. Good to hear you're ok BB. Hope this ends soon, even though it probably means a real hot summer. My sister is just south of this mess. It's been in the mid to high 90s for her and humid.

Status
Not open for further replies.