Rainy Day Wood Pellet Sale!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well it is raining today and Walmart in Salem NH has Nature's Heat wood pellets on sale
and they are out in the rain!!

$3.88 per bag is $194.00 per ton

See pics below
Click to Enlarge

Attachments

• WalmartPelletSale12-152011 (1)sc.jpg
    WalmartPelletSale12-152011 (1)sc.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 685
  • WalmartPelletSale12-152011 (2)SC.jpg
    WalmartPelletSale12-152011 (2)SC.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 708
Don2222 said:
Hello

Well it is raining today and Walmart in Salem NH has Nature's Heat wood pellets on sale
and they are out in the rain!!

$3.88 per bag is $194.00 per tone

See pics below
Click to Enlarge

Please, you go first. Let us know if the covers got speared by the fork lift or the kiddies were playing the poke holes in the covers game.

Hello

First rule of thumb. Never buy wood pellets on a rainy day!!

I have always tried these every year (garbage pellet). Bought 2 bags last weekend to burn this year. Always nice to burn a completely terrible pellet and then compare those temps against your "shoulder" pellet. Makes you feel 10 times better. I have bought 8 bags total now (over the yrs)

Maybe one day they will learn.

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 626
I was over there this past weekend, and it looks like they've sold about half the inventory since then. There were a bunch of bags ripped wide opened, most likely from fork lifts. I know they're regarded as junk pellets, but still bothers me to see all that waste.

DexterDay said:
I have always tried these every year (garbage pellet). Bought 2 bags last weekend to burn this year. Always nice to burn a completely terrible pellet and then compare those temps against your "shoulder" pellet. Makes you feel 10 times better. I have bought 8 bags total now (over the yrs)

Maybe one day they will learn.

Better update your signature...I don't see either of those pellets or the Hamer's listed!! LOL You are a pellet collector!!

Interesting side note... I bought a couple bags of M&M pellets from a local feed store last month. When I pulled around back to the covered shed they had them under I noticed there was a pallet near the edge that had gotten wet and the bags were starting to swell. Some had even split open. I made sure he did give me any of those but I asked if he could give (for free)me two of those. I was interested if they would still burn. He said sure.

I let them sit in the basement for a few weeks to make sure they were dry, sifted them, and burned them. The burn temps were about the same as the "good" bags were. The "wet" ones would get a little crumbly if you messed with them much.

So if they will give them away and you want to sift 5 pounds of sawdust they will burn!

GrahamInVa said:
Interesting side note... I bought a couple bags of M&M pellets from a local feed store last month. When I pulled around back to the covered shed they had them under I noticed there was a pallet near the edge that had gotten wet and the bags were starting to swell. Some had even split open. I made sure he did give me any of those but I asked if he could give (for free)me two of those. I was interested if they would still burn. He said sure.

I let them sit in the basement for a few weeks to make sure they were dry, sifted them, and burned them. The burn temps were about the same as the "good" bags were. The "wet" ones would get a little crumbly if you messed with them much.

So if they will give them away and you want to sift 5 pounds of sawdust they will burn!

There is nothing like FREE...
I bought 11 bags of the wallmart split bags for 2$ ea. They were separated/taped on a pallet which they took out to the jeep and loaded for me! That's what I've been burning these "spring" days in the northeast. forty something out during the days

Hey, a couple of years back I went through about a ton and a half of them. They were $6/bag but nobody had burnable pellets around here at the time.
You had to be picky about what bags you bought . They burned but gave low BTU's for the buck. I imagine that are still that way today.
I've seen them at WM for as low as $178/ton and as high as $5.97 in the last 2 months at WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.