Random insurance inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
My insurance company scheduled an appointment to have my stove inspected - albeit in the middle of my second season burning with this stove??

Anthony shows up and turns out to be a great guy and was really impressed with my set up from hearth to cap. He was really liking the crystal clear glass with a hot fire going and said he does 5-10 house visits a day here in SE Michigan and my glass was the clearest he had seen this year. I took him to the window and showed him 5+ yrs of CSS'd wood and said that is what not putting anything in the stove w/o 3yrs of sunbathing does for me.

He told me my system was a slam dunk - time will tell what my insurance company says?? They seem to find any reason to drop coverage but it felt good to hear the independent rep knew what he was looking at.

If Farm Bureau drops me I'll post again to promote a Hearth boycott!

Bob, when I changed Ins. Co., the new guy (local) came in and remembered the stove. He took a look and we had a short chat.
I explained the improvements I'd made to the system from when the PO were here, and he didn't seem to care much.
The laid back attitude may be why the PO did such a crappy install.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.