Random Score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCoBernie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2008
My friend has about a cord of cherry rounds on his property (he bought it almost 2 years ago with the tree already cut up) and planned on splitting it....he became too busy with doing work to the house and is tired of looking at it. He told me I could take it if I wanted it. So this morning I went over and loaded the trailer. On the way home I was sitting at a light and a pickup truck pulled up next to me and commented about the haul and asked me if I was a wood burner. I said yes and he gave me a flyer....turns out hes owns a tree service and they just took down 2 maple trees about 2 miles from my house. I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon loading up on some fresh cut maple. I got about 1/3 of what was available but ran out of time. Not a bad unexpected score.

1st pic is the original cherry haul....2nd pic is the maple.

Attachments

• cherry.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 408
  • maple.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 376
nice score bernie! i split and stacked all the wood i scouranged from the past year which is about 4 cords. it now breaks my heart that i have been passing up free wood because i have no more room 2 store anymore.

Hand truck sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.