Random thoughts from tfdchief

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
OK, been really busy. This is my first post on the NEW forum. Oh, by the way, nice job Craig. I hate change, but realize it is inevitable and for the better. Hope this old dog can learn new tricks!;lol

This weather has me experiencing withdrawal symptoms! So I have been burning in the outside wood burner every night.....pics. OK, so I over- fired the thing :ZZZ
Outside burner edit.jpg
Outside burner temp edit.jpg

I have been really busy trying to get back to NORMAL after my accident. It has been 9 months and although my back hurts every day, I am really glad to be where I am. I traded my ATV for a safer off road 4X4 Polaris RZR and been having a ball with my son and grandson.....pic
Me Trent first ride.jpg

Jake, I think of you every day when I look at the Bangor FD patch in my collection. pic.
Bangor FD.jpg
Without you and the forum clan I would have never made it! And Dennis......well, I just don't know what to say. Never met the man in person but what an incredible friend! (I will some day!) Not to diminish the rest of you who helped me through some really tough times. The mods, BB, BG, Pen, Craig, all of you were so caring when I hurt so bad. Oh, and I can't leave out GR who named her stove after me!

OK, my first post....getting ready to click create thread, hope nothing blows up!

Chief

OK, now that I look at this first post, I realize I have left out so many who helped me through a tough time. I got so many well wishes and care packages. I wore my Nome Alaska FD shirt with pride last week! I see your posts and remember the kind words you had. Some of you experienced similar injuries, and gave me advise. So many sent me PM's. Anyway, I remember you all, and I thank you.
Chief

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
Good to have you over here chief and good to hear that you are putting it all back together. Take it slow and easy and enjoy the show.

Reactions: tfdchief
I dig your outside wood burner Chief.....I really need one of those....I am suffering terrible withdrawals....just terrible!!
I am glad things are slowly coming together.....clap.gif

Reactions: tfdchief
We're all family here Steve . . . and some of us are even closer as Brothers . . . I'm just amazed you put the BFD patch right in the center. It was just a small gesture . . . honestly . . . I am most happy to see how well you are recovering.

We're all family here Steve . . . and some of us are even closer as Brothers . . . I'm just amazed you put the BFD patch right in the center. It was just a small gesture . . . honestly . . . I am most happy to see how well you are recovering.
Thanks Jake. I have 9 more frames of patches like this one. I just got enough patches to fill another frame, and BFD had to go in the middle of this new one!

Steve, we hope to go through near you sometime this summer if my wife can get healed up. Then we shall meet if at all possible. Thank you for the kind words.

Steve, we hope to go through near you sometime this summer if my wife can get healed up. Then we shall meet if at all possible. Thank you for the kind words.
That would really be great! I wish Judy the best and sure hope you can make it. I will look forward to it. Keep me posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.