Rare Hearthstone III

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
http://cgi.ebay.com/HEARTHSTONE-MODEL-III-Soapstone-Woodstove_W0QQitemZ230312664305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230312664305&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200

I like the looks of this old Hearthstone. Wish they would of stuck with the look and the cat stove.

See - that's my problem! I am trawling Craig's List and e-bay for a good used stove. I find a lot of very nice stoves BUT they are no where near where I live. As example, the stove mentioned is located in CT and listed 'for local pickup only' - doesn't help me as I am in Wisconsin. I know there are shipping companies I could contract with but the sellers of used stoves will not get involved with shipping. So I sit here still enjoying our fireplace but really wanting a woodstove that we can afford. I LOVE the looks of this stove by the way and if it were in my area I would have already bid on it.

Shari

Man, thats the next town over from me.Maybe for out in the workshop? It is a very nice looking stove.
Rusty

Suffield 'aint that far from me...

like vic99 said though - wonder how available replacement parts are? Maybe a call to hearthstone is in order...

Wow, can't beat that price, and it's about 45 mins away from me...

Condar has replacement cat for $131. Wish I was closer.

Shari said:
See - that's my problem! I am trawling Craig's List and e-bay for a good used stove. I find a lot of very nice stoves BUT they are no where near where I live. As example, the stove mentioned is located in CT and listed 'for local pickup only' - doesn't help me as I am in Wisconsin. I know there are shipping companies I could contract with but the sellers of used stoves will not get involved with shipping. So I sit here still enjoying our fireplace but really wanting a woodstove that we can afford. I LOVE the looks of this stove by the way and if it were in my area I would have already bid on it.

Shari

Yeah, you would think where we live there would be more used wood stoves around? Seems like most of the stoves on E-Bay are out East. Try some of the bigger cities Craigs list like Milwakee, Madison and the twin cities. You might have to take a road trip.

Does anyone know where an owner's manual could be located for this model?

Shari

Todd said:
Yeah, you would think where we live there would be more used wood stoves around? Seems like most of the stoves on E-Bay are out East. Try some of the bigger cities Craigs list like Milwakee, Madison and the twin cities. You might have to take a road trip.

Oh, I have been. I can find lots of 1980's VC's for $700 - $1000 - not worth that amount of money. Fischer's: I can find tons of them - not interested in them. Like the rest of the nation, we are suffering "Budget Issues". :)

Shari

Corie said:
Check woodmanspartsplus.com

They MIGHT have the parts in stock.

Wow, a surprise appearance from Corie. You should visit more, young man. :coolsmile:

And that is one cool looking stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.