Raspberries, lots this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
4 gallon +
& lots yet to pic & ripen.
Raspberry cobblers MMMMM!

100_7876.JPG 100_7877.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
No bears close, normally any way.
They are in the Mts scarfing down blue berries.

We had a good crop this year and it is a good thing because raspberries and strawberries were our only fruit this year. Enjoy them Dave.

Ours are coming on strong as well right now, together with a bumper crop of strawberries. Wierd year for the peas though. It's been so cool this summer that we are still harvesting them. That's a first for late August here.

IMG_1256web.jpg

Mine were looking great until the rain stopped. I think the plants will survive but I don't expect berries in large quantities until 2014...this year's growth got hit pretty hard too.

I have a blackberry bush that I need to relocate this fall...it is growing like crazy. Ground is too hard to dig post holes right now....<>...

The Black Raspberry plants around me did well this year. I don't do much with them so only harvest a small amount just for eating out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.