Ravelli RV 80 - Lowest Settings - Pellets piling up - Too much Combustion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jenzy

Jan 10, 2024
Grass Valley, CA
Hi All-
I'm really stumped. I have my Ravelli RV 80 stove set to all the lowest settings (manually set to 1) including the auger settings (set to -5). Still, after a awhile of running the stove, the flame being loose and large, the PELLETS ARE PILING UP in the burn pot. I think I read somewhere that there is a hose that may have a hole in it adjacent to the auger... Can anyone help me out with this issue?
I just found cat hair in the blower which was my problem last month.
Thanks for your time and I appreciate it!
Btw, my mechanical abilities are pretty low, so thank you for your patience!

The problem is that you don't have enough combustion!! There is not enough air (oxygen) to the firebox to burn the amount of pellets being fed, hence the pellet pile-up.

There is a restriction somewhere in the combustion airflow path: air inlet, burnpot, heat exchanger, exhaust passages, exhaust fan, flue pipe, clean-out T, flue cap.....Clean everything. This has nothing to do with cathair in your room blower....

Thank you so much for your response. I know, the cat hair was a separate issue!

The flames seem rather large and loose, way high! Do you think this still might be the case that the entire unit needs to be cleaned out? Who do you typically call to have that done? The only thing the folks do here is vaccum out the unit and flue pipe and call it good. You are saying I need to take off the panels and have someone do a complete overhaul?

Hi All-
I'm really stumped. I have my Ravelli RV 80 stove set to all the lowest settings (manually set to 1) including the auger settings (set to -5). Still, after a awhile of running the stove, the flame being loose and large, the PELLETS ARE PILING UP in the burn pot. I think I read somewhere that there is a hose that may have a hole in it adjacent to the auger... Can anyone help me out with this issue?
I just found cat hair in the blower which was my problem last month.
Thanks for your time and I appreciate it!
Btw, my mechanical abilities are pretty low, so thank you for your patience!
I fully cleaned the stove after finding this you tube video (see below, City and paste into YouTube if it doesn't show up in the post). My handyman friend used a compressor to blow out all the dust at the interior like at the circuit board, small rubber hoses, air intake tube. It was definitely work, but my stove works now!!!!

Actually, the unit wasnt fixed!! Turns out the computer board in the unit was sensitive to the power pull in my house. I put a single surge protector on the pellet stove outlet and it works now. Always wondered why the stove seemed so temperamental!!