Ravelli RV80 firepot Stainless Steel alternatives

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bdewolf

Nov 8, 2022
does anybody know where i can purchase a SS firepot for my RV 80C? My stove is brand new this year and already the cast firepot is cracked and pieces are broken in between holes. i've burned less than 1 ton so far and am amazed how quickly these disintegrate.
i would love to replace it with steel, but am having difficulty crossing it over... i found one made for my stove inEurope, but they won't ship to the US.
thank you

SS pots will do the same thing just depends on how long it takes and what quality of SS they use. I have changed my burn pot 2x to SS the first one did not even last a season before it cracked, the second i have 2 years on and it just cracked this year and just by looks the 2nd was a much better quality, both from the same supplier and part number. My stove only gets maby 8 hours of use a day so its not like its getting used as my main source of heat when im gone.