raybonz/begreen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get too excited at 700F stove top, closely watchful at 750F and on full alert at 800F. It's not like I've never seen a stovetop at that temp, the 602 will do it easily. But I haven't seen it on the T6 yet. When the Jotul 602 hits 800 or above it's usually my nose that detects it first and it's cranberry enamel turns a darker plum color. This is almost always my fault for not turning it down enough.

Thanks guys and Ray i am slow as all get out typing and didnt see your post.. Its supposed to be mild tomorrow and gonna let the stove cool so when i get home everything will be cleaned and inspected again ;)

He did mention to me about the Elm and said if i was worried that i could just mix it with some of the other wood i have that doesnt burn as hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.