Rayburn radiators only no tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishands

Jan 30, 2015
Great Britain
hi I've bought a Rayburn no2 and I want to run 5ish radiators off it, I don't want domestic hot water, I don't want a big copper tank, is it possible to run the radiators with no tank? I want most radiators on thermostatic valves, does anybody have any diagrams ect? I have heard it's possible but you need a heat sink radiator?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks,

Chris

I had to Google. That's a wood stove? With 'optional boiler'? The blurb I found said it would make 9000 btu with 24 hours of continuous burning - that's not very much heat for 24 hours of burning. I wouldn't be very hopeful of it doing what you are wanting it to do if you are thinking of 5 rads. Not sure what the copper tank is you're speaking of.

I had to Google. That's a wood stove? With 'optional boiler'? The blurb I found said it would make 9000 btu with 24 hours of continuous burning - that's not very much heat for 24 hours of burning. I wouldn't be very hopeful of it doing what you are wanting it to do if you are thinking of 5 rads. Not sure what the copper tank is you're speaking of.
Hi. No it's not s wood stove, it's a multi fuel cooking range with standard boiler, a bit like an AGA cooker

OK, I said stove, but should have said range. I only know what Google returned to me - which leads me to think you won't get much heat out of it to use with rads.

Status
Not open for further replies.