Re: Apple theft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Went to an ATV meeting last night and heard about a trail that was closed temporarily after the landowner discovered two mature apple trees were cut down and hauled off . . . turns out apple wood in my area is selling for $700 a cord for a local place that is making smoking wood out of it.

Incidentally, it turns out the culprits were in a pick up and they were caught . . . cops matched up the cut butt end of one of the trees the thieves brought to the apple wood place and matched it up to the stump.

Well I am glad to hear the cops got to work and picked up the scumbags :APPLAUSE: :coolgrin:

In another forum I participate on I recently learned that somebody had a break-in at their home and lost a pistol, a shotgun, an I-pad and some other things... This guy had GPS tracking on the I-pad and could pin-point the location of the stolen goods but couldn't get the cops to get off their butts to go get the losers.

Wouldn't you think the cops would be interested in removing a couple stolen guns from the hands of criminals ? >:-(

Well that puts having my orchard ripped off last Fall in a different perspective.
They only stole the fruit, not the whole trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.