Re: Be careful cutting trees . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
I think I'm in a bit of a maudlin mood this morning . . . thinking a lot about fire and life safety issues these days as we've had a rash of accidents and fires -- many of which could have been prevented . . . and many of which have been fatal. Sorry to be so morose . . . but just be careful out there folks.

http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/camden-man-killed-falling-tree-sunday/5254

I think I'm in a bit of a maudlin mood this morning . . . thinking a lot about fire and life safety issues these days as we've had a rash of accidents and fires -- many of which could have been prevented . . . and many of which have been fatal. Sorry to be so morose . . . but just be careful out there folks.

http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/camden-man-killed-falling-tree-sunday/5254
He was the director of Parks and rec...just goes to show you that even skilled people (many of us) can never be too careful
-thoughts and prayers to the family

We all know (too well) the dangers. I hate seeing these in the news, but am glad they are reported so that perhaps people can be saved with a reminder to be as cautious as possible.

Don't think it doesn't cross my mind every time I bring down a couple tons of wood in one big thud.

Good reminder.
Keep your head in the game!

My condolences to his family as well.

I wish there was more information on just what went wrong. It's hard to learn anything from the news report, safety wise, other than he was killed in the process of felling a tree.

That is awful. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.