re brick my napoleon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2012
Rhode Island
I have never rebricked my entire stove and I've had it for 15 years. I have however replaced them as necessary. It is absolute hell installing them. It entails several simultaneous hand bracing with the top bricks and side bricks. I have substituted bricks other than the factory recommended kind. These are sturdier, heavier and don't crack as often. It's a Napoleon. It's a model 1900.. Should I re brick the entire box ? Please give me your opinions

I have never rebricked my entire stove and I've had it for 15 years. I have however replaced them as necessary. It is absolute hell installing them. It entails several simultaneous hand bracing with the top bricks and side bricks. I have substituted bricks other than the factory recommended kind. These are sturdier, heavier and don't crack as often. It's a Napoleon. It's a model 1900.. Should I re brick the entire box ? Please give me your opinions
I have an all Cast Iron Jotul 600 series. However, I have a few friends at work who have to re-brick from time to time. They all say the same thing...I hate it, but it needs to be done. You may want to start thinking of a new wood stove for down the future. One of the reason I went with all Cast Iron is I didn't want to have to deal with anything other than starting a fire. :)

If you can get brick in the right sizes, rebrick what really needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.