RE: Good news/Bad news

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Good News: Buddy called me up to say there was a tree down at one of the stores he maintains in Bar Harbor -- very large maple, possibly a sugar maple. Said it was mine for the taking.

Bad News: I'm at work . . . without my truck . . . and Bar Harbor is a long ways away from me right now.

Oh well . . .

Hope you get a chance to go and get the tree. That sugar maple is about as good as red oak IMO, but it seasons alot faster. Worth getting if you get the chance, FFJ ....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Hope you get a chance to go and get the tree. That sugar maple is about as good as red oak IMO, but it seasons alot faster. Worth getting if you get the chance, FFJ ....

Sadly not going to happen . . . too far to drive . . . if I could only convince my buddy to load up his service van or rent a trailer . . . but I don't think that is going to happen either. On the other hand last year he set me up with a nice, stacked pick-up load of black locust . . . always looking after me.

Status
Not open for further replies.