Re: Guy at a lighthouse in Maine using a pelletstove for heat could possibly use some advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Jake, thanks for the link. I just sat and read his entire journal. Fascinating stuff. I can't help him with his stove but I just sent a $25 donation.

heck, someone fly me up there and I'll spend a month working on the stove and enjoying PEACE AND QUITE and on helluva view! That sure doesn't look like a hardship in my eyes! Lucky bastard!

tjnamtiw said:
heck, someone fly me up there and I'll spend a month working on the stove and enjoying PEACE AND QUITE and on helluva view! That sure doesn't look like a hardship in my eyes! Lucky bastard!

Hey you old salt, you got your ice legs yet?

SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

I survived 8 years in Chicago at -25, I guess I could survive on a rock as long as you bring along some of that homebrew!
And I could set up my ham radio gear and get great reception without the neighbors bitching.

Thanks Smokey . . . I'll be curious to see if he stops by here and/or gets some help . . . reading the blog is pretty interesting.

firefighterjake said:
Thanks Smokey . . . I'll be curious to see if he stops by here and/or gets some help . . . reading the blog is pretty interesting.

That light is in my home county.

SmokeyTheBear said:
firefighterjake said:
I saw this article in the local newspaper . . . and read the blog . . . sounds like the guy could possibly use some advice if anyone has any easy answers to his problem with the pelletstove he has been trying to use to stay warm this Fall and Winter.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/25/news/downeast/man-spends-christmas-alone-at-cutler-lighthouse/

I invited Bill to join here and post the information about his stove and the problems he was having.
smokey to the rescue once again ,what a bear

SmokeyTheBear said:
firefighterjake said:
I saw this article in the local newspaper . . . and read the blog . . . sounds like the guy could possibly use some advice if anyone has any easy answers to his problem with the pelletstove he has been trying to use to stay warm this Fall and Winter.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/25/news/downeast/man-spends-christmas-alone-at-cutler-lighthouse/

I invited Bill to join here and post the information about his stove and the problems he was having.

I just did the same...seems like this would be a great past time for him..might keep him warmer..!

SmokeyTheBear said:
firefighterjake said:

Smokey,

Home county as in where you're from or where you currently live?

subsailor said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
firefighterjake said:

Smokey,

Ah, you reminded me! We could have submarine races, too!

tjnamtiw said:
subsailor said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
firefighterjake said:

Smokey,

Ah, you reminded me! We could have submarine races, too!

You could but it's kind of hard to follow the action, though.

subsailor said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
firefighterjake said:

Smokey,

From. That is in Washington County the Sunrise County.

subsailor said:
Smokey,

Ah, you reminded me! We could have submarine races, too![/quote]

You could but it's kind of hard to follow the action, though.[/quote]

We could invite a couple of 'skimmers' to TRY to find us. :lol:

tjnamtiw said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
tjnamtiw said:

I survived 8 years in Chicago at -25, I guess I could survive on a rock as long as you bring along some of that homebrew!
And I could set up my ham radio gear and get great reception without the neighbors bitching.

The first thing I noticed was a lack of trees to hang my Dipole from...
KC2TUX

Bill

Evergreen is an awesome dealer to work with. I have never had any trouble with them and they have been quick to help when i have had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.