RE: Has anyone else noticed . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ash can was a maintenance nightmare. It caused friction among members that spilled over into other forums and was quite simply a distraction from what this place was built for.
So are we trying to create dollars for the owner of the site or are we trying to create an online community?

So are we trying to create dollars for the owner of the site or are we trying to create an online community?
First and foremost this is a privately owned site. Without dollars to support it, it does not exist.

Taken directly from the FAQ section on Forum Purpose:

"Our main goal is consumer education.

The moderators, administration and fine long term members attempt to do their best to help the most number of people.
The most important person on the Forum is the person who is there to get information (the customer).

Customers who come for information may not enjoy reading through dozens of pages of "social" comments and short posts ("I agree, etc."), so we ask forum users to try and provide the most information and least "noise" possible in the main forum rooms."

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact any of the mods or directly to @webfish .

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
We are much better off without the 'can. All the political arguments it generated only cause a bunch of great people united by a common love for wood heat to go at each others throats over political opinions. Directly or indirectly it was part of the great schism that lead to a few hundred long standing members leaving to start their own forum in protest.

Lets let the can RIP.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Now back to the weather. Forecast here is 65F on Christmas Eve. I think my grass is starting to grow again.

Unless something changes early in January this season is a write off.

Unless something changes early in January this season is a write off.
In order to write it off, it had to be an asset, first. ;lol

Speak for yourself. It's 11C below here right now and I've been burning steady for ages. Over a cord up the pipe so far.

Reactions: jb6l6gc
We are much better off without the 'can. All the political arguments it generated only cause a bunch of great people united by a common love for wood heat to go at each others throats over political opinions. Directly or indirectly it was part of the great schism that lead to a few hundred long standing members leaving to start their own forum in protest.

Lets let the can RIP.
I think that all ended before I got here. I kinda like that this place doesn't have an 'off-topic' section.

There are many other places I can tell everyone else how wrong they are about everything in complete anonymity. :)

Reactions: osagebow
The west coast got winter, East has not. Our Christmas eve forecast is for 65F.

That's +18C

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
The west coast got winter, East has not. Our Christmas eve forecast is for 65F.

That's +18C
Last year the west was very warm, its nice to share

36 here right now, but it should be 16 so I'm loving it!
As a contractor and business owner this season has been kind to me, last year kicked our asses, ebb and flow, thank you El Nino.
I'm loving the mild temps, but my friends in food and beverage sales are hating it. Not a good year if your in the winter tourism business.

Last edited:
I think that all ended before I got here. I kinda like that this place doesn't have an 'off-topic' section.

There are many other places I can tell everyone else how wrong they are about everything in complete anonymity. :)

Yes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.