re: Leaf blower setup first run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ablejoy

Feeling the Heat

Attachments

• weedeaterpicture[1].jpg
    weedeaterpicture[1].jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 613
AZ Pellet Guy said:
I just did a complete cleaning of stove and setup the leaf blower works rally good. Going to give a link to the video

Not sure this will work never tried it before so this may end up a test.
I did cover the blower with a towel since the blower is inside my house and it did leak a little.

I will post video later have to figure how to do it

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/af242/ericwt/pellet stove/?action=view&current=blowerworking.mp4

Hey that's cool. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks I figured out how to post youtube
I did have some leakage around the blower but the towel contained it. I think this will work good for me going to extend the hose out another 15 ft

Attachments

• DSCN1387.jpg
    DSCN1387.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 491
Kewl. That looks much easier than climbing
on the roof which I refuse to do. Going into
year #7 with this stove and haven't needed
the leaf blower yet but if I ever did would do
it this way.

Interesting set up!

When posting links from photo bucket. Make sure your subject folder name has no spaces in it. This sites software breaks links that have spaces in them. Example yours says pellet stove. If you changed your folder name on photbucket to pelletstove or pellet_stove. It will work.

Another break goes when posting links the have % 20 (joined-no space between) in the link. They get bounced. I'll put % 20 together in these( ) and they will not show up.
FYI only carry on.

Xena
The my stove is 5 years old and I just had the pipe cleaned I don't get on the roof any more. I vacuumed the stove as clean as I could get it then used the leaf blower. Still got a lot of stuff out of the stove glade I did this setup with the leaf blower.

AZ Pellet Guy...That's a very cool setup...but...I'm thinkin'. The blower is sucking from both the stove and the pipe, right? Thinking the path of least resistance, most of the suction will come from the pipe and not the stove. Sucking from the exit of the pipe all the air is drawn from the stove. Am I right?

Chan

CWR said:
AZ Pellet Guy...That's a very cool setup...but...I'm thinkin'. The blower is sucking from both the stove and the pipe, right? Thinking the path of least resistance, most of the suction will come from the pipe and not the stove. Sucking from the exit of the pipe all the air is drawn from the stove. Am I right?

Chan

Agreed.....most of the air (and ash) is probably coming from the pipe. If it were me, I'd find a way to block the vertical pipe so ALL the vacuum is coming through the stove ONLY.

I didn't block the pipe off this time it was just cleaned two weeks ago will block it next time see if it will pull more ash from the stove.

Sounds good. I'm sure you'll get more out of the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.