RE: Looking for stove top thermometers . ..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
So I stopped in at the local hardware store last night to pick up a few things and was chatting with my Dad who works there . . . he was shaking his head . . . seems like a woman came in and wanted a stove top thermometer. Dad tried to sell her a stove thermometer that just had the temps printed in degrees, but she passed since the label said it was a chimney thermometer . . . apparently he tried to tell her that you could still use the thermometer on the stove top since it would read the same, but she insisted it was different.

I was amused.

Well, we all have to learn.... But it surely is funny some of the ideas people get. I recall one time someone was afraid to jump start a car because the battery in one car was smaller than the one in the other. It seemed to matter not that they were both 12 volt batteries. Yup, we all have to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.