RE: Missing members

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
It occurred to me the other day that some folks come here and hang out and never leave . . . and then there are some who hang out here for quite a while and then one day we realize we never hear from them any more . . . and to tell the truth I miss some of them.

One person I miss is Bobbin' -- her hand painted floors were very cool and it was always fun to read about how she was the one educating and telling her husband how he should burn.

Anyone miss anyone else here who hasn't posted in some time?

Mike Wilson. The only member I knew of that would stop Craig in his tracks in the ash can. :coolsmirk:

Oh, and Elk and Pook.

I miss franks.....wonder what happened to him... :mad:

GAMMA RAY said:
I miss franks.....wonder what happened to him... :mad:

He still comes around on occasion. He uses a different handle though. Fsappo.

Jags said:
Mike Wilson. The only member I knew of that would stop Craig in his tracks in the ash can.

Wish I had that skill. I tried that once and ended up stopping the entire ash can instead. %-P

Mike and I agree on most subjects.....he's a great guy and funny too!

Problem is, he's a high placed political operative and can't take the chance of exposure......

But 95% of the stuff he says is the honest truth about how things are....

I noticed a LOT of newer members in the list. I guess life goes on.....after all, how many years are folks gonna hang out in the same forums?

Webmaster said:
Problem is, he's a high placed political operative and can't take the chance of exposure......

Yeah, he even guarded himself a bit - depending on the subject matter, because of it.

Yeah, Franks & Dave Gault (woodheatstoves).
Where'd they go? I had a lotta good chats with
them in the "GAS GEEKS" forum! :lol:

DAKSY said:
Yeah, Franks & Dave Gault (woodheatstoves).
Where'd they go? I had a lotta good chats with
them in the "GAS GEEKS" forum! :lol:

Franks last visited the forum on Dec 29th.

Webmaster said:
I noticed a LOT of newer members in the list. I guess life goes on.....after all, how many years are folks gonna hang out in the same forums?

I dunno... there are a couple of RC hobby forums that I have been on for 10+ years... but I only post on and off.. Heck I think if I added up every post Ive made on every forum Ive ever been a member of I still wouldn't come close to the post count of the "active" users here. I think thats quite a testament to what you built Craig - 700 posts and I still fee like a newbie :)

I miss a lot of folks but roospike comes to mind every once in a while. Guy was a lot of fun. The guy with the original Whorehouse Red Summit Classic. And who could forget Warren and Rhonemas.

BrotherBart said:
I miss a lot of folks but roospike comes to mind every once in a while. Guy was a lot of fun. The guy with the original Whorehouse Red Summit Classic. And who could forget Warren and Rhonemas.

Ahhh yes. All of those are on my list of missed.

I miss you guys!
I pop in around the first of the year 'cause that's when I seem to need friends
and you guys and gals are pretty tolerant. :sick:
Thanks-
Kenny

Battenkiller said:
Jags said:
Mike Wilson. The only member I knew of that would stop Craig in his tracks in the ash can.

Wish I had that skill. I tried that once and ended up stopping the entire ash can instead. %-P

:lol: ;-P

I miss Ryan (MountainStoveGuy) and Eric Johnson the most. Good mods and good people.

Jags said:
Oh, and Elk and Pook.

Who is this Pook everyone talks about?

BeGreen said:
I miss Ryan (MountainStoveGuy) and Eric Johnson the most. Good mods and good people.

Eric doesn't post anymore??

firefighterjake said:
One person I miss is Bobbin' -- her hand painted floors were very cool and it was always fun to read about how she was the one educating and telling her husband how he should burn.

I was just thinking of her the recently. Hope she is OK.

I used to post a lot on a Ford truck forum. Like most forums there ended up being a bunch of regulars and then the ones who come and go. One of the regulars there stopped posting and we found out from his brother that he had died. It was very strange to lose a friend that I didn't know in real life. Now whenever somebody drops off a forum I have to wonder what happened. I also wonder if I dropped dead tomorrow, would Mrs. Flatbedford log on to all my forums to say Flatbed is dead?

I have a missing member!.....

Oh, you meant something else.

Flatbedford said:
I also wonder if I dropped dead tomorrow, would Mrs. Flatbedford log on to all my forums to say Flatbed is dead?

Cut it out Steve..I don't want to hear anything like that.......
I was worried about WarminRi (Al) for awhile last year because he just "dropped off" out of no where. He was the one that had the 12 and rigged it to be a 13....(He helped me out when I got the 13....)
Fishingpol told me at Woodstock that he still posts in another forum.
I was worried that he died or something...Pfft... :-S

BeGreen said:

Yeah I miss'em both. Eric passed through back in November and Ryan in the middle of December. Everytime I see one of those pics of Backwoods Savages woodpile I think "Pffft. Ya should see Eric's backyard.". ;-) I sure miss those annual pics of his wood stacks.

Jags said:
Don't worry, when I die, you will all know. I will be haunting you.

Cool.

When we feel a hug when we need it most, and no one else is around, we'll know who it is :)

'Course, you'll probably also be wanting us to be assisting in busting some one's shoes ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.