RE: Missing members

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like ashes through the grate, these are the days of our lives. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Like ashes through the grate, these are the days of our lives. :lol:

lol! On that note, I think I need to step away from the computer for a bit.

pen

Funny, I just thought about BrowningBAR the other day and realized I hadn't seen any posts of his in awhile. As you say, you hope that they are OK.

I noted the same and have the same hopes.

HollowHill said:
Funny, I just thought about BrowningBAR the other day and realized I hadn't seen any posts of his in awhile. As you say, you hope that they are OK.

Browningbar is ok. He has chosen not to post on the forum for a few reasons. He does still lurk around and read the posts. I miss him too. :)

I was wondering about BBar... I was enjoying discussing all things Encore with him in a couple threads earlier in the fall and comparing experiences... I wanted to know how his rebuilt stove worked out in the colder weather.

cwill said:
Jags said:
Oh, and Elk and Pook.

Who is this Pook everyone talks about?

That would be quite the thread in itself . . . if you do a search for Pook you'll find lots of threads with him in it . . . or one of his many alias that he was using as he changed his name for a while more often than he changed his underwear.

Many of his threads were written in some unknown language where you could usually only decipher about a quarter of what he was saying . . . and he was one of the few folks here who advocated the Magic Heater and burning questionable materials in a woodstove.

Like Flatbed I often wonder why folks who were frequent visitors drop off . . . if they just got tired of hearth.com . . . or if something bad happened.

I'm pretty sure when you don't hear from me any more it will be because I'm very sick or dead . . . if I leave on my own volition I'll let you folks know.

jharkin said:
I was wondering about BBar... I was enjoying discussing all things Encore with him in a couple threads earlier in the fall and comparing experiences... I wanted to know how his rebuilt stove worked out in the colder weather.

He still logs on Jeremy....I bet he would answer a pm..

Backpack09 said:
I sure do misss Elk telling everyone that they are doing everything wrong...

Yeah.. though, he did help me out when I was rebuilding my Defiant Encore.
Also who helped me a lot with that project was seaken. Haven't seen him around in a while.

Webmaster said:
after all, how many years are folks gonna hang out in the same forums?

Other than the recurring cat/non-cat and horizontal/vertical debates, I wouldn't describe Hearth as the same forums. The wealth and diversity of interests, backgrounds, skills, personalities, locations, perspectives, humor, kindness etc. make it infinitely more interesting than any other site I've experienced. Kind of like Cheers vs a meat market bar.

SolarAndWood said:
Kind of like Cheers vs a meat market bar.

Too bad Craig doesn't serve drinks here.

Flatbedford said:
SolarAndWood said:
Kind of like Cheers vs a meat market bar.

Too bad Craig doesn't serve drinks here.

I hear tell that there were some drinks flowing in New Hampshire a few months back though . . . not sure if Craig had anything to do with that though. ;)

GAMMA RAY said:
HollowHill said:

Browningbar is ok. He has chosen not to post on the forum for a few reasons. He does still lurk around and read the posts. I miss him too. :)

Any idea on why? I liked his to the point posts, not much filler.

I figured he was just busy working three stoves.

I definitely miss Bobbin. She was a lively spirit. I hope she is well.

BrotherBart said:
BeGreen said:
I miss Ryan (MountainStoveGuy) and Eric Johnson the most. Good mods and good people.

Yeah I miss'em both. Eric passed through back in November and Ryan in the middle of December. Everytime I see one of those pics of Backwoods Savages woodpile I think "Pffft. Ya should see Eric's backyard.". ;-) I sure miss those annual pics of his wood stacks.

I agree BB. Eric was a regular poster when I came onto this forum and I wondered why folks thought I had so much wood. Ha! btw, I stack different years wood in different spots so you'll not likely see all of our wood but it still is much, much less than Eric's. I say Pfft too!

fishingpol said:
Anyone remember Tommy two fingers? He was interesting for a week or so.

That sounds like one of the lesser-known characters in Goodfellas - "Jimmy Two- Times" ,so named cause he said everything twice,everything twice ;-) :lol:

soupy1957... always liked his posts.
md

Shawneyboy.....a fellow Nepa-er....don't know where he went.... :roll:

I do not miss Mr_Super-Hunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.