RE: My new wood hauler . . . and toy hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking truck Jake. I hope it works well for you.

billb3 said:
gzecc said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
I hear these ladies are good at rubbin down Nissans
carwashhchickks.jpg
The stretched out one isn't even using soap! Who taught her how to wash a car!

She may be assuming an air start position.
Is it possible she just gave birth to the vehicle and the other women is now washing it?

Looks like you would have a nice view from the drivers window. Nice looking truck, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I have a 2006 Nissan Titan and it has provided excellent service. The 4WD is sure footed in the snow compared to other 4wd trucks I have driven. I get 17 on the highway with the cruise set a 75 and 14 in the city (I live in the mountains as well). I have a tandem axle utility trailer that I haul my firewood in. The trailer ways about 1300 # and a cord of green wood can weigh over 5000 #. I tend to haul about 0.8 cords of hardwood home just throwing that in loosely with 2 foot sides on the trailer. That is more than you can carry in the bed of a 1 ton and you would need a specialized hitch to go over that weight so the 9500 pound tow rating is essentially useless with a specialized hitch.

The Titan has a unique motor in the half ton world, it makes it peak torque down low, unlike the pushrod V-8's which make their peak torque up high. My tows like a dream. I have performed used oil analysis on my truck and the lab complimented me on how little wear the engine exhibits. All Titan's have 2 transmission coolers, a power steering fluid cooler and a oil cooler.

I believe all the trucks are good today but I really like my Titan, mainly because of the stump pulling engine. I have had the rear oil seals leak but other than that no problems, at all. I plan on keeping it for many many years to come. Congrats.

flyingcow said:
Go pay to register it. Not going to be pretty.

But, good looking ride FFJ. Swing in on the way thru, got a garage w/heat and a steam cleaner! wash her up.

Not so bad . . . one of the reasons why I went with a 2010 vs. a 2011 -- and waited until late December . . . the difference was $600 vs. $900 by getting a 2010 and registering after January 1st . . . and then by transferring my plates I "only" had to pay something like $474.

HehHeh . . . I have no idea where in The County you are even located . . . and if you guys had snow at least it would give me an excuse to drive up that way . . . but now . . . no reason to head north since you have the same amount of snow as we do . . . what's up with this winter . . . used to be you could always count on you guys having snow by now.

MarkinNC said:
I have a 2006 Nissan Titan and it has provided excellent service. The 4WD is sure footed in the snow compared to other 4wd trucks I have driven. I get 17 on the highway with the cruise set a 75 and 14 in the city (I live in the mountains as well). I have a tandem axle utility trailer that I haul my firewood in. The trailer ways about 1300 # and a cord of green wood can weigh over 5000 #. I tend to haul about 0.8 cords of hardwood home just throwing that in loosely with 2 foot sides on the trailer. That is more than you can carry in the bed of a 1 ton and you would need a specialized hitch to go over that weight so the 9500 pound tow rating is essentially useless with a specialized hitch.

The Titan has a unique motor in the half ton world, it makes it peak torque down low, unlike the pushrod V-8's which make their peak torque up high. My tows like a dream. I have performed used oil analysis on my truck and the lab complimented me on how little wear the engine exhibits. All Titan's have 2 transmission coolers, a power steering fluid cooler and a oil cooler.

I believe all the trucks are good today but I really like my Titan, mainly because of the stump pulling engine. I have had the rear oil seals leak but other than that no problems, at all. I plan on keeping it for many many years to come. Congrats.

It's always good to hear from long-time owners . . . sometimes when I read the Titan forums you start to read all about the bad stuff and begin to question your purchase.

firefighterjake said:
flyingcow said:
Go pay to register it. Not going to be pretty.

But, good looking ride FFJ. Swing in on the way thru, got a garage w/heat and a steam cleaner! wash her up.

Not so bad . . . one of the reasons why I went with a 2010 vs. a 2011 -- and waited until late December . . . the difference was $600 vs. $900 by getting a 2010 and registering after January 1st . . . and then by transferring my plates I "only" had to pay something like $474.

HehHeh . . . I have no idea where in The County you are even located . . . and if you guys had snow at least it would give me an excuse to drive up that way . . . but now . . . no reason to head north since you have the same amount of snow as we do . . . what's up with this winter . . . used to be you could always count on you guys having snow by now.

Not getting much deep freeze.....but i'm burning less wood. :p And thats what it's all about

1 minute off the sherman exit. Actually, my land borders the I-95 just before the exit.

Nice looking truck there. Congratulations. Nice thing about the new truck is that you will be able to do everything right and take good care of it from the beginning. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.