RE: Old Stoves . . . Tripping down memory lane

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Seeing some recent posts with folks posting pics of their refurbished old stoves reminded me of a "stove shop" in the town that I grew up in which has for several years now been refurbishing and selling old stoves. I spent a few minutes this afternoon to check out some of these beauties (not that I'm ready to trade in my Jotul though :) ;) ) . . . thought some folks here might appreciate checking out the site (and no, I do not have any financial, familial (although everyone here in Waldo County seems to be related to each other) or professional ties to the place.

http://www.bryantstove.com/

Webmaster said:
Here is our local guy for old stoves:
https://www.hearth.com/visit/goodtime/

Great pics . . . is this in Mass?

I've got to say after checking out these pics and the ones from my hometown . . . I still love my new stove and like simplicity, but those older stoves truly bordered on being works of art.

Great stoves! Although it does seem odd that a stove called the "Glenwood Oak" is listed as being a coal burner....

I have noticed lots of stoves names that end in Oak that are definitely coal. It was just a popular name of the time.. "Minty Oak" being one I see often, but lots of others. I can go with the simplicity idea, I have had two rather expensive new stoves and were quite easy to control. I now have a old 50's circulator by Oakland Foundry of Belleville Il, and its hard to control but I am learning.. On thing about it is the amount of heat is much greater that actually gets to the room. I used to wait half a day for my Jotul Black Bear to get the living room up to 68. Way to cool for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.