Re: Super Cedar Source

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boozie

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 11, 2010
SW IN
Are these not sold in stores? It appears you have to order direct?? I felt sure someone around here would sell them, but after several phone calls today I could find none.

Many stores have similar ones - wax plus chips. The super cedars are good though

CarbonNeutral said:
Many stores have similar ones - wax plus chips. The super cedars are good though

After hearing everyone on here sing the praises of these "super" discs, I want THEM, not similar. :)

Hang on! We will be offering Hearth.com members a 15% discount on 100 count cases. The total price including shipping will be $55.12 A savings of $9.73. It should be on by Jan. 21st. I will update with a post here.
Thomas

cmonSTART said:
See? The little chip implant inside Tom's head started going off at the mention of "Super Cedar."

Yeah... how does he do that? %-P

Hey, I think the tightwad chip implanted in my brain finally gave out. That's a great price for a great product. I'll be looking forward to sale day. ;-)

For those resisting because of trying to save money, you only need a piece of one of these things to so the job. In fact, if you use small kindling in addition to your dry splits, you can get it going great with a chunk about the size of a cherry tomato. Hooray! No more wax and sawdust in a pot on the stove.

Pssssst.... anybody wanna buy 20 pounds of canning wax? Just $55.12... including shipping. :cheese:

Boozie said:
Are these not sold in stores? It appears you have to order direct?? I felt sure someone around here would sell them, but after several phone calls today I could find none.

In the future, pick up Mother Nature's pine cones. They are delivered to your forest floor nearby. Store them in boxes or large paper bags. Let them dry. Use 2 or 3 at a time. Instant fire starters!

Cost: Free
Experience: Priceless

Valhalla said:
Boozie said:

In the future, pick up Mother Nature's pine cones. They are delivered to your forest floor nearby. Store them in boxes or large paper bags. Let them dry. Use 2 or 3 at a time. Instant fire starters!

Gotta a lot of pine trees on this place. The cones they produce are the size of your thumb and tight as a rock. I had to use a propane torch to get one to burn. And two years production would maybe start three fires. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
Valhalla said:
Boozie said:

Gotta a lot of pine trees on this place. The cones they produce are the size of your thumb and tight as a rock. I had to use a propane torch to get one to burn. And two years production would maybe start three fires. :coolsmirk:

Sounds like wimpy pine cones! LOL Try the cones from mature Eastern White Pine and others.
Real man's pine cones make great fire starters and dry nicely in my wood shed and barn.
Besides, my wife loves to pick them up. Good hip exercise for her too!!

Experience: Free fire starters and a more shapely wife!
Priceless!

Unless, you like to burn money!

Thats good news! My case of 100 that I bought a couple years ago is starting to run low.

I'll keep on the look-out for the sale price to start!

-SF

A couple of HUGE pine cones were involved with my last "smoke dragon".

I bought a case of 100 when they went on sale in the fall to help the wife get things going while I was gone. I think she has used three or four this year...she is keeping the one stove going 24/7 and since you only need 1/4 to 1/2...a box of 100 will last a long time.

Three reasons to buy super cedars:
- they work very well
- price is very reasonable especially if you split or quarter them
- fellow forum member with a small business

Status
Not open for further replies.