RE: Tin wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
I'm starting to get ready to install my Oslo. Originally my wife and I were thinking about putting tiles up on the corner walls for the decorative look (not for clearance issues and as such they would be placed the required clearance distances from the stove.)

However, the other night while my wife was getting her nightly DIY and HGTV fix I saw some decorative tin on one of the shows. While this show had the folks putting up the decorative tin sheets as a backsplash in a kitchen I wondered if anyone has ever done or heard of anyone using the tin sheets on the walls near a woodstove. Again, not thinking about using this for reducing clearances . . . rather I was thinking it might look nice (maybe in a nice copper color), be easier (and quicker) to install than tiles and be easier to clean compared to painted walls. Anyone have any experience . . . or opinions? This stuff is glued and screwed/nailed to the wall, but I'm assuming that if clearance issues are achieved than this would be a non-issue.

I think cooper looks good anywhere my be on to somthing

So long as the stove's required clearances to combustibles are met, you can put any non-combustible material you want behind the stove. Rick

you are correct , as long as clearance issues are addressed a non-combustible surface will not be an issue, besides i bet it would look fantastic, post us a pic when you get it done if ya can , i'd love to see it

stoveguy2esw said:
i'd love to see it

That makes two of us. I have always like the looks of stamped copper on ceilings and walls (if done properly).

Status
Not open for further replies.