Q&A Re: triple wall stove pipe - brand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

We installed a woodburning stove in 1991 and used triple walled stove pipe which was available at that time. My husband knocked down two sections from the roof , trying not to fall himself, and now I find I can't find triple walled stove pipe anywhere around here. Help! I really can't afford to tear out all the pipe and convert to the current double wall that I find here. Is there any source in the country for triple wall stove pipe? Is there an adaptor section that can take my triple wall to a double wall?

Answer:

Most triple wall pipe was made by a company called Dura-Vent which is still in business. The name of the pipe manufacturer may be stamped into the metal or on a label that is still visible. If you need this pipe, you can probably order it from any hearth store or various hardware stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.