RE: We made the national news . . . well the city where I work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the Maine accent in that video?

Where is the Maine accent in that video?

Ayuh ... you know we all don't speak that way chummy. ;)

Actually the accent is not seen as much in the younger generations ... best chance to hear the real McCoy and not someone attempting to duplicate it is to head down east ... county folks have retained some of their accent but it's different than the one most folks hear ... church dinners or social clubs are another place ... older folks being found there.

Proper misuse of the letter "R" is the secret...

Reactions: Doug MacIVER
Ayuh ... you know we all don't speak that way chummy. ;)

Actually the accent is not seen as much in the younger generations ... best chance to hear the real McCoy and not someone attempting to duplicate it is to head down east ... county folks have retained some of their accent but it's different than the one most folks hear ... church dinners or social clubs are another place ... older folks being found there.
I worked in Rockport many years back for a summer. Loved it. We went to the local farmers markets. The accent was thick and heavy there.

I worked in Rockport many years back for a summer. Loved it. We went to the local farmers markets. The accent was thick and heavy there.

Yeah, salt of the earth folks are where you tend to find the best and truest accents . . . not someone trying to duplicate the accent.

The most famous Maine accents were "Bert and I" and they were a couple of college students "from away". The recordings are still available, but a warning that Maine humor is either love it or hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.