reached the 2.7 ton mark today..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishjack

Sep 11, 2008
Northern NY
This past summer I installed a St Croix Prescott EXL with a skytech 3301P wireless thermostat. Living in Northern NY it's fair to say..it's cold here mostly every day in the winter.

I have used to date 2.7 ton of pellets and it has ran 24/7 all winter long.
Setting at nights: 72 degrees and days at 74-75 degrees.
Sq footage roughly about 1500 Sq Ft.

I installed 2 Thru-wall fans off the room where my stove is located to an office and to a large bedroom . Thru-wall fans boosted the rooms temperature by 8-10 degrees. I have kept track since it got really cold: last week in December until today. I burn roughty 1.4 bags a day..My stove kicks butt!

Well I have been through 3 1/2 tons so far this year and have 1 1/2 tons left to get me through! Hopefully that will be enough but I do remember we were burning through mid April last year!

I checked and I still have 3 tons + out of 4.5 so evidently I have only used about 1.5 tons. I probably saved 200 gals of oil but at $300 a ton the cost was somewhat of a wash.
Still, I like a stove of some sort in the finished basement and my Harman runs flawlessly so I`ll probably go with pellets next year too.Especially since it looks like I`m gonna have plenty leftover.

I am 6-7 bags shy of 3 tons. This is the most I have used in a few years. -22 burns the pellets pretty fast. I have kept the house around 72 all winter and my insulation is poor.

gone through 2.5 ton as of today have a littler over 1 ton left. using a prescott exp 24/7 with the house set at 72 and 2 small fans.

I've burned close to 6.5 tons so far. You guys have a lot of catching up to do! Running 2 stoves 24/7 to heat 3200sq ft 200yr old house in Vermont. We are not burning any fuel oil this year. Last year we used 1400 gallons. We purchased our pellet supply back in April for $ 199 ton. Even with the drop in oil prices, we have saved money and have never been as warm and comfortable as this winter. Happy burning pellets!

Status
Not open for further replies.