Ready for the next round...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
Monthly cleaning all done and ready for Wednesday's storm. Happy burning peeps!

We are supposed to get it toward the weekend.....Glad the Shed is Full up.....last Storm I was picking around the Snowy Woodpile.....

Reactions: Hoot23
Cleaned mine and broke in the new Powersmith vac. Works pretty well!

Monthly cleaning all done and ready for Wednesday's storm. Happy burning peeps!
I was going to clean mine today but someone told me everything is fine. I am going to do it Sat anyway. That's one week in with my new P61a. Yes, the storm is on it's way they say. we got about 4 " here on the Cape today. And over that lousy 4" half way trough I grabbed a rock or something and blew a shear pin on my snow blower. Now do you think I coould find my pare shear pins ? No ! So an undersized nail got the driveway done.

Reactions: Defiant
I was over due for a cleaning. 5 weeks it had gone. After I dusted everything in the ash bin, it was topped off. Today was the last warm day we're going to have for a week or so.

Weather channel is confused. Issuing a storm warning for 6" snow Wed. and in their 10 day forecast Wed is listed as just a little freezing rain.

It's best to just open the curtain and look for yourself.

Reactions: boomhour
It's best to just open the curtain and look for yourself.
I guess they figure if they list 2 different forecasts for the same day chances are better one of them has to be right. they are pretty good at predicting temps.

I cleaned mine before I went to Maryland to visit family over weekend. Drove back yesterday, it was crappy till I hit northern PA/NYS...I'm supposed to get hit tonight and tomorrow..

Ice storm coming, power is at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.