Ready for this year, working on next year.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donmattingly

Jun 17, 2009
Southern,NH
Ready for this year. About seven cords. Now to get going on 2010. Picked up a silver maple from the neighbor. (He was going to have the town take it away since it was a town job. Free is for me right?) Should get a cord out of that.
First picture has some of that maple to the right, this years stack to the left.
Second picture is this years wood. There are two rows.

Attachments

• woodpile2.jpg
    woodpile2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 364
  • woodpile3.jpg
    woodpile3.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 335
pictures are only thumbnails

I am having problems getting pictures on this site. I will figure it out someday!

I have wood I bucked the Winter before last all laid up for this Winter and I'm still putting wood that I bucked up this last Winter and will burn in 2010/2011 into the shed. It won't all fit so some of it will have to over-Winter where it is.

While I stack this 2010/2011 wood I can hear chainsaws over at my impoverished neighbor. She had her electricity cut off last Fall and last Winter she burned green wood they cut fairly late in the Fall. At least they have a bit of an earlier start on it this year. I figure the wood they are cutting now, she will be burning this Winter. She must have one of those special stoves that can burn green wood. With my stove, I have to try and stay at least a year ahead.

I wanted to get 2 years ahead by ordering log length again this summer. But the population in this house increased on June 20th and we have spend a good part of this rainy summer inside.

LLigetfa said:
I have wood I bucked the Winter before last all laid up for this Winter and I'm still putting wood that I bucked up this last Winter and will burn in 2010/2011 into the shed. It won't all fit so some of it will have to over-Winter where it is.

While I stack this 2010/2011 wood I can hear chainsaws over at my impoverished neighbor. She had her electricity cut off last Fall and last Winter she burned green wood they cut fairly late in the Fall. At least they have a bit of an earlier start on it this year. I figure the wood they are cutting now, she will be burning this Winter. She must have one of those special stoves that can burn green wood. With my stove, I have to try and stay at least a year ahead.

One of the greatest reasons for poverty is not realizing the future. No real surprise your poor neighbor doesn't have her wood. If you looked real close you'd probably see that they probably aren't cutting it themselves.

LLigetfa said:

Trade them some of your dry wood. Your wife is gonna make you burn gas instead of wood this year anyway. :lol:

drdoct said:
One of the greatest reasons for poverty is not realizing the future. No real surprise your poor neighbor doesn't have her wood. If you looked real close you'd probably see that they probably aren't cutting it themselves.
You got that pegged. I don't know if it's family or a church group that is cutting firewood for her.

I don't mind helping someone that puts in an effort to help themselves. That's not the case here. She has 25 acres and she rents a large part of it to my other neighbor who grazes his cattle on it. He harvested a lot of market timber off her land and paid her for it. She could have made a deal for the firewood but she didn't. There are huge slash piles there with lots of firewood in it rotting away.

donmattingly said:
I am having problems getting pictures on this site. I will figure it out someday!

Don, it looks like you've been doing some good work there. Congratulations.

Now about those pictures, what sort of a problem are you having? FYI, I use photobucket to store pictures and then it is a simple thing to copy them unto this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.