Ready for winter? (pallet wood stacking)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Well, I am - sort of. I got two cords covered, another cord needs to be covered. More wood sitting around waiting to be cut/split/stacked for 2010/11.

Here's what my stacks look like 'uncovered' for summer seasoning (this is soft maple & birch at the beginning of summer):

P1010028.jpg

And here's another stack already seasoned, covered and ready for winter:

woodpile_covered1a.jpg

Shari

Hey Shari, how about a pic. of the "Giant oak #417" Sounds like a monster...
BTW, the wood stacks look great.

Looks good, Shari !!! I love the "landscaped" look :)

Now, get that stove in !!!!

Like the camo tarp. Sure beats blue!

LLigetfa said:
Like the camo tarp. Sure beats blue!

LL - I chose the camo on purpose! Trying to 'hide' my wood! Oh, yeah like that could happen!

Shari

Great job! my pallet arrangement is just like yours, just a little longer. I have almost 10 cords stacked that wayl

Looks good to me.

Very envious!

I bet it only took 10 minutes to split all that with a bionic Fiskar's splitting axe!

HeHe

WoodButcher

WOODBUTCHER said:
I bet it only took 10 minutes to split all that with a bionic Fiskar's splitting axe!

HeHe

WoodButcher

Axe? Are you kidding? I would be a one-armed one-legged woman if I ever touched an axe!

My 1970's 12-ton Didier hydraulic splitter suits me just fine, thank you! :)

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.