Ready for wnter!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearhead

Jun 3, 2010
Arlington WA
Bring it on old man Winter!!! Just finished up tonight with the last of my fir, tamarack and hemlock. Now I need to find time to build a wood shed (probably next spring).

Attachments

• DSC03725.jpg
    DSC03725.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC03726.jpg
    DSC03726.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC03718.jpg
    DSC03718.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC03710.jpg
    DSC03710.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC03717.jpg
    DSC03717.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 389
Very nice....lots of great toys also (trailer, tractor splitter etc). How do you like the 3 point splitter?

The tractor mounted 3pt splitter works great for me. I use it at 1500 rpm and its plenty fast for me. So far this year, I've split between 5-6 cord with it and used about 3 gallons of diesel which isn't bad all things considered.

What do you have, about 12 cords or so?

Looks great and I like the driveway. We put stone mix on our driveway because it was all sand and with a slight downhill towards the road it just kept washing away and a 300' driveway is a lot of dirt washing down.

The only problem with the stone is that when plowing snow we usually get some stone moved along with the snow. Perhaps you don't get too much snow there?

Weatherguy - I measured around 2 1/2 cord of fir and tamarack from NE Washington. With my cheapo mm I get most of it between 4-8 percent. The big stacks are all hemlock taken off my place here - about 6 cords.

Dennis - We dont get nearly the snow or the cold temps here west of the Cascades compared to the other side. Although, in the last few years we've had a few good storms which dropped as much as 3 feet of snow and down a few days just below zero. Ron

Well Ron, pushing around 3' of snow is certainly a big task. Maybe this year will be a bit easier on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.