Ready Set Go!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stmar

Sep 12, 2014
Wyo
Stove is clean; deep cleaned, even behind the firebricks, motors removed and vacuumed and blown out and brushed, pipe cleaned so it is ready to go. Ordered two pallets at $250 each delivered, before you say that is too much I live in a small town and there are not a lot of options, could have gotten them for $245 but not delivered and the nearest TS type stores are 50 miles away so it would not be cost effective to haul them. Had about 30 bags left over from last season and they are on the rack in the garage ready to use, pallets will be stored in the barn. 40's in the mornings so winter is near. Hope you are on your way to preparedness.

I would expect you to burn more than 2.5 tons during a Wyoming winter. Which pellets did you get?

I've had my stove cleaned and pellets bought since April.

Reactions: Justin M and JRA
I've had my stove cleaned and pellets bought since April.
3 tons of blazer bought in June and deliver in august 299 per ton 57 for delivery comes out to 318 per ton. Hoping these are as awesome as everyone reports since I've never tried them. Thinking it was a safe bet. Also topping off with misc bags I got 5 bags of spruce point to try at 5.98 per bag and energex 5 bags at 5.98 per bag comes out to the same cost as they would sell for a ton at the local hardware store. A lot of places ark up their bags if not being bought as a whole ton. In bag mode at the moment

I would expect you to burn more than 2.5 tons during a Wyoming winter. Which pellets did you get?
Heartland, made in Spearfish SD, is about the only brand stocked in our small town by 3 vendors. They are premium pellets and I have been using them for 25 years. After seeing what the other poster paid for his I don't feel so bad, I figure if I can average in the low $4's I am okay. Our house is very energy efficient and we usually use less than two pallets per season. We have propane cooks stove, dryer and central heat and only use 250 gallons per year and it is over 2000 sq. ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.