Ready to burn final check

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsiros

Nov 10, 2007
PA
Hello... I have a Hearthstone Homestead that I believe is ready for action. Let me know if I'm missing something here... installed liner and put on cap (siliconed to clay tile at chimney top); removed damper and made plate to seal around liner; installed plate and siliconed edges, and furnace cemented around liner; 3 screws and furnace cement around all seams (oval to round piece, to elbow, to forever flex quick connect with strap band, to liner) except for the one connecting liner to strap band (for easy clean out). Am I ready?

why elbow? you couldn't take the flex right to the adapter?

I used the elbow because it allowed the stove to go farther into the fireplace (hearthmount). The "T" and the bent flex pipe options kept my stove out too far. The other oval to round adapter (for a straight up connection) had the stove in too far. ONE FINAL QUESTION... should I furnace cement the first connection: back of the stove to oval to round adapter? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.