Ready to go.Cellar full.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Wife said No More....stopped at 5/half ton.
Notice the Sad looking Oil Tank.. All sitting on pallets.
The Golden Pellets[Energex] claim 0.5 ash.. we'll see.
Ton of O'Malley's buried there somewhere.... IMG_2253.JPG IMG_2263.JPG

Last edited:
I think you need some more. You still have room.

Well Tony, you won't run out before Christmas for sure !!
No I won't.. use about 3 tons for this un-insulated house..
with this pellet shortage in lot of areas, I imagine for many who don't have storage room and can only get ton at a time,
it's getting to be a crapshoot if they will get enough for winter...
Some dealers will store for you till you need them..
4 tons of what I bought here were Early buy specials back in May...
The 2 ton Golden Pellets I put a deposit on we were told might not be here at all due to fire below.
picked up the O'Malley's so I would have my 3 tons and then 2 days later got a call that the Goldens were in and to pick them up.
That's how I ended up with 5 tons.. had 1/2 ton stove chows left from past winter.

Energex had a huge fire in Upstate Pa back in the Spring and just getting back to normal. EPA problems etc..
They supply HD with Stove chows, Fireside Ultras, green Supremes etc and I think also Lowes under different names..
that is one of the reasons supplies all over here are gone or tight..many other reasons including Overseas Exports, less Construction in the country which = Less Raw Material..

Last edited:
I think you need another ton because you can still see daylight.

You have the equivalent weight wise of 3 Toyota Camrys parked in your basement.

Tony, you need to improve your stacking skills. I saw a couple bags out of place.

Nice stash!!

WOW! I am envious. Looks like the spiders and such just received their eviction notices and had to move out. That's my kind of hoarding. Well done. I have a ton sitting in the back of my truck now that I am not very motivated to unload. Going after another 2-3 tons this week. Wish mine were already stacked on site like yours.

Wife said No More....stopped at 5/half ton.
Notice the Sad looking Oil Tank.. All sitting on pallets.
The Golden Pellets[Energex] claim 0.5 ash.. we'll see.
Ton of O'Malley's buried there somewhere....View attachment 141641 View attachment 141642
[/quote
If you can't see out the windows anymore you probubly have enough for winter.atleast that's how I gauge it

If you can't see out the windows anymore you probubly have enough for winter.atleast that's how I gauge it

My back hurts. I think I need to look away.

My back hurts. I think I need to look away.
we always have 4 man crew.
1 in the truck hands down to 1 on the ground who hands thru the window to 2 in the cellar who stack.
Those are 5 seperate stacks on pallets . Can't see by the angle but the Golden pellets in the rear are 2 stacks that you can walk between.
takes about 10 minutes per ton...very easy and quick.
That header you see is 6 ft off the ground ... actually 7 foot height to walk around in..
truck pixs was from early buy in 10151137_839547302729343_7793896227391643054_n.jpg May this year

Last edited:
Reactions: alternativeheat
we always have 4 man crew.
1 in the truck hands down to 1 on the ground who hands thru the window to 2 in the cellar who stack.
Those are 5 seperate stacks on pallets . Can't see by the angle but the Golden pellets in the rear are 2 stacks that you can walk between.
takes about 10 minutes per ton...very easy and quick.
That header you see is 6 ft off the ground ... actually 7 foot height to walk around in..
truck pixs was from early buy in View attachment 141686 May this year
Hey that pickup holds two tons better than my trailer holds one ! Dang, well my springs don't quite flatten out at least. I am jealous you can take two tons at a time.

Hey that pickup holds two tons better than my trailer holds one ! Dang, well my springs don't quite flatten out at least. I am jealous you can take two tons at a time.
How about three tons at a time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 132
How about three tons at a time
I think that's great ! But then I thought it was pretty good I could get one ton home in my garden tractor hauling trailer. It's rated at one ton but it grunts a bit. But hey at least I can get em home !

I think that's great ! But then I thought it was pretty good I could get one ton home in my garden tractor hauling trailer. It's rated at one ton but it grunts a bit. But hey at least I can get em home !
Yep what ever works.i like to do it all at once so in two weekends I can have six tons stacked in basement takes me and my son about 45min to unload a trailer.beats cutting and stacking firewood all summer

Yep what ever works.i like to do it all at once so in two weekends I can have six tons stacked in basement takes me and my son about 45min to unload a trailer.beats cutting and stacking firewood all summer
Firewood is why I switched to coal some 30 odd years ago and last year to pellets. Nope firewood is not for me, it got old fast. But some people love it.

I only have to drive about half mile from dealers wharehouse to my house..
wouldn''t do 60 mph on a highway carryin 2 tons in the Chevy truck.

Reactions: Big papa
Just move one more ton to inside the house today. 4 tons inside only one more to go for the year. will send a pic once last ton is stacked all nice an pretty.

Wow you guys are saving on the shipping cost.i payed the $69 for my 4 tons then picked up 30 more bags in my SUV .even though I stocked them my selves except for the 20 bags had help.compare to how you guys are loading 2 or 3 tons on your own I feel like a big girly man lol

Reactions: Big papa
Guessing I could haul near 20 tons home for $69 in gas Lowes is about six miles away

Reactions: Ctcarl
I only have to drive about half mile from dealers wharehouse to my house..
wouldn''t do 60 mph on a highway carryin 2 tons in the Chevy truck.
For me one dealer is 7 miles one way, another about the same but the one I get the Energex from is about 16 miles and I have to go over one of the two bridges getting back on Cape. I always visualize something breaking up on top of that mile long bridge ( between approaches and all), be that hauling a ton of pellets or my boat. It's not so smooth and tight lanes up there and always some kind of construction going on and no drivers give you a break. It's all about them getting where they want to go in a hurry, been several head ons up there.. But I come home towing about 40-45 MPH, I don't take the highway just stay on the old roads and mind my own business.

Wow you guys are saving on the shipping cost.i payed the $69 for my 4 tons then picked up 30 more bags in my SUV .even though I stocked them my selves except for the 20 bags had help.compare to how you guys are loading 2 or 3 tons on your own I feel like a big girly man lol
I just wish I had bought the next bigger and heavier trailer but I have what I have and I'm retiring next week so it will do just fine. I'll have all day any day (at least for a while) to make as many trips as I need !! And I haul the trailer ( and my boat) with my X-terra FWIW, though that is rated for towing pretty heave trailers, they come with towing packages as is from the factory these days or my 08 did..

Reactions: Big papa and Ctcarl
I just wish I had bought the next bigger and heavier trailer but I have what I have and I'm retiring next week so it will do just fine. I'll have all day any day (at least for a while) to make as many trips as I need !! And I haul the trailer ( and my boat) with my X-terra FWIW, though that is rated for towing pretty heave trailers, they come with towing packages as is from the factory these days or my 08 did..
Sweet retiring next week .Congrats!

Reactions: alternativeheat
For me one dealer is 7 miles one way, another about the same but the one I get the Energex from is about 16 miles and I have to go over one of the two bridges getting back on Cape. I always visualize something breaking up on top of that mile long bridge ( between approaches and all), be that hauling a ton of pellets or my boat. It's not so smooth and tight lanes up there and always some kind of construction going on and no drivers give you a break. It's all about them getting where they want to go in a hurry, been several head ons up there.. But I come home towing about 40-45 MPH, I don't take the highway just stay on the old roads and mind my own business.
yep...let people pass you if they have to.. safer to go slower... I only did 20 mph for my short 1/2 mile ride which most was on gravel road..
Believe it or not, I have to pass our Police Station once I'm off the gravel backroad..Kinda wait a minute to make sure coast is clear just in case someone is on the're toes..>>

Status
Not open for further replies.