Ready to scrap my pellet stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freelheeler

Dec 30, 2014
MT
Current stove is a Lennox traditions bought it new in 2008... and I've cursed it ever since. The struggles we've had with this stove should be enough to make us run long and hard from pellets.

But we still prefer the use of pellets vs wood or propane. So we're in the market for another pellet stove and want to make sure to make the 'right' decision.

The current stove and new stove would be in the main part of the house with a high vaulted ceiling. Approximately 1200-1400 sqft. I live in Montana so it's cold this AM it was -13* without wind chill, the house was built in 2002 has decent windows and insulation.

I've read a lot of good reviews on the following

Harman p43 and p68
QuadraFire classic bay 1200
Envi M55
Breckwell big E

I'm leaning towards the Breckwell simply because of the dealership and there service department which have kept us limping along for the past 5 seasons. Thoughts / comments suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Well waking up to like temps this morning and our Harman casually taking the cold in stride without effort or fuss. Won't do any serious tending or cleaning for another week or so other than feeding. If I were you I would look at either the P61 or P68 but the latter may be a bit more horses than needed but that ceiling is a killer.
Welcome

How many btus was the Traditions so we can find a similar stove if when working met your needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.