Real live Rambo going on now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xman23

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2008
Lackawaxen PA
Have you been following this amazing story? It's happing a few miles from my cabin in North East PA. Four weeks ago Eric Frein sniper shoots two state cops leaving police HQ. One dead and the other in serious condition. He is a trained survivalist. His father says he doesn't miss what ever he shoots at. He runs his car into a lake and takes off into the woods, Huge tracks of game lands here. They have seen him 2 or 3 times, but he was to far away. Helicopters flying over with heat seeking equipment, blood hounds, and a 1000 cops in the woods. Into the fourth week. Yesterday they found a camp site with a few home made bombs and back packs. Hunting season in the area has been called off. The head cop is extremely frustrated. At the news conference the other day he started talking to Frein like he could hear him. Really hope this can end without more people being killed, but it seams unlikely he will be taken alive.

This will surely be a movie.
You can follow this on WNEP 16 Scranton PA

Have you been following this amazing story?

Not sure if I would call that amazing, incredibly sad would be more appropriate. I heart goes out to the families of the two policemen and I wish the wounded one a full recovery. I am sure the media is in a full frenzy mode; no need for me to participate in that.

This is a sad story indeed. Some wingnut goes in the woods like a coward after killing law enforcement officials. If he's so "tough", why run? Obviously law enforcement won't go in the woods after you; they're at a huge disadvantage.

We had a situation like that in Moncton New Brunswick this summer. 3 police officers killed, 2 hit but survived. The suspect was waiting for police to arrive from behind various houses, in the woods, and picking them off one at a time before the police even had a chance to get out of their vehicles.

Andrew

Enough in the news for this. No need here.

Status
Not open for further replies.