Real photos of layout. Help with size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ23

Feb 19, 2014
canada
Hope these pics make sense of my split entry. Stove is in family room 22 long by 12 wide. As u can see the room is some what closed off. Is going up from 43000 btus to 50+ even worth it or just over kill?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 127
This is a better shot. The stove is in the room kinda closed off. Going up to 61000 will probably make the room unbearable. But what if we go to the harman xxv? Will it still push enough heat to the upper area

image.jpg

I like the hole in the wall with the spindles. Is that the room where the stove is? The rest seems pretty open to a good flow of air. If it is the room, it almost looks like you could fit a double window fan in that opening to push the heat out of the room.

Hi that's where the stove is. Some heat does move up. I just wonder if 43000 is the max and going to the xxv is a waste or the p61

I would try some fans to move heat before trying to increase the size of your stove. We have an assortment of fans going to help move the heat out of our livingroom and into the rest of the house. Our house is a very boxy, old farmhouse (though well insulated, due to the entire outside of the house being spray-foam insulated and resided before we rented here in 2011). Air flow is an issue, but with a 2nd stair case, ceiling fans and a few portable fans, the livingroom stays at around 23-26C, and the kitchen, which is our coldest downstairs room, holds fairly steady at 20-21C, with even heat throughout the house.

I do have some fans running. I just figure good to be prepared with a bit bigger stove but maybe I'm limited

Your really torn on this. I don't think it's glinting to benefit you if you bump up to the 61. You should ride it out this winter and next year. Get a 38+ and put it in the basement and move the 43 upstairs. 2 stoves is your only solution, unless you open up your floor plan.

Very much torn on tins and for the first time my wife has no say haha

I won't put one upstairs so this will be the only one. I keep thinking xxv or p61 but can't decide. I figure I'll regret next year not doing it now

You have a nice stove now, I wouldn't change it.......If you need more heat upstairs perhaps a mini-split heat pump up there would be a better solution....cheaper to operate, no maintenance and you get some air conditioning for those hot summer nights.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.