Real Seasoned Wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
Looking for firewood deals on CL and found this in my area (Albany, NY)

http://albany.craigslist.org/for/2001556432.html

Too bad I already closed the deal on my white ash for the season. Less than $200/full cord for premium seasoned wood if you buy three. I paid almost that for green. I'll have to count my pennies, I may get some anyway.

Ask what the price would be for green? And buy now for later? ......but unless the wood is stored indoors true seasoned wood ...dunno but it looks ok... but then again, I got wood that has been outside for 2 yrs and isn't so......

Batten, drive out here and you can have some ash already cut and split. If you are willing to drive this far I'll even help you load it. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
Batten, drive out here and you can have some ash already cut and split. If you are willing to drive this far I'll even help you load it. lol

Ha, ha! I may take you up on that. I called this guy and his wood has only been cut, split, and stacked for a little over a year. I want the good stuff. What's an 800 mile road trip between friends, eh? :p

I agree. We put on just a tad over 2,000 miles when we went to the Woodstock plant. Just wear heavy shoes when driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.