Realfyre gas log set making sound - safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ZackT

Jan 8, 2024
VA
Hello all, I have a LP Realfyre G46 log set and it makes a wooshing sound when on. Almost like hearing an excess flow of gas? It's not really like whistling, so don't think it's the flex pipe. The flames look normal but am a bit concerned about the sound. Any help is appreciated!

Hopefully the video here works:

I can’t get your video to play, but maybe it’s my phone. More often than not, a whooshing sound from an LP burning appliance is due to misalignment between the burner orifice & the burner. This allows for the fuel to burn at the air shutter. The fuel needs to be injected into the dead center of the burner.

Reactions: ZackT
I can’t get your video to play, but maybe it’s my phone. More often than not, a whooshing sound from an LP burning appliance is due to misalignment between the burner orifice & the burner. This allows for the fuel to burn at the air shutter. The fuel needs to be injected into the dead center of the burner.
Thanks, is this something I can take part and re-align?

Finally able to attach a video hope this one works. Turn volume up to hear the sound! Thanks

Attachments

• Unmute-to-hear-sound~2.mp4
    13.4 MB
Possibly. I don’t know what your capabilities are. If you pull the log set, & can take a pic of where the burner is connected to the gas valve, maybe I can recommend a fix.

Possibly. I don’t know what your capabilities are. If you pull the log set, & can take a pic of where the burner is connected to the gas valve, maybe I can recommend a fix.
Okay thank you. Will try to take some pics this weekend. Is it still safe to use without fixing the sound?