really impressed with okies!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireManDan

Mar 6, 2011
Scotland,CT
Well im still on my first bag of okies and all I have to say is wow! There the cleanest burning pellet yet and the heat output is nutty. I took a temp of the blower air temp and was cranking out at 275. For the higher price these are they seem worth it. Now time to buy more and save for the heart of winter!

Dan

Free plug for Doug. :lol: :lol:

Hard to beat canadian softwoods.

No doubt they rock! I can't burn them unless it's
really cold outside otherwise I get cooked out of
here.

Yeah I switched back to the instant heats for now I will save the okies for the realcold. I actually dumped and mixed the okies with some loose lignetics and then will be burning instants for the shoulder.

I got mine from Phelps and Son's in Vernon CT , they sell them by bag or by 1.5 ton . Theres another place close by that i think sells them for 310 a ton.

Do they burn hotter than Vermont's?

I've only burned one bag of Vermont's and they put out much more heat than the stove chow I'm burning now.

I can get them for $6.90 bag or $300 ton. Do you really think there worth that much, I have never burn them yet but may try a couple bags, I got 3 ton of Green Supremes for $177 ton and they through good heat??

I would just try a couple bags as each stove burns differently. All I can say is I had hot air being blown at 275degrees and my glass was super clean.

I like Okies, too... but Texas women are friendlier and will ask YOU to two-step with them.

My wife is a okie. BROKEN ARROW to be exact.

Burning 100% OKIES here love the heat and low ash. Just wish I could find a good price at about $300 per ton is too high for me.

Don for me fines are when you find a saw dust consistancy in the bag amongst all the pellets. I usually find fines at the bottom of a bag as I am pouring in my pellets into the hopper.

Thanks smalltown,

I moved my question to a new thread. Yeah, love that Castile (but thinkin' about a Mt Vernon :coolsmile: )

Squier Lumber in Monson, MA sells Okies for $269 a ton and $5.99 per bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.