Really...it just followed me home...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
and just like the free puppy, it cost me plenty :)

Well, I am the proud owner of a spankin new Alderlea T5 insert. Installation is set for Oct. I have a few things to get done first, but I am getting there. Got all my wood ready, but need to build a woodshed soon. Will try to get some pics of the install for you guys. Not much but a crate to take a pic of at the moment. That 500lbs of stove made me thankful I have a tractor...cause the only time I can get all the help I need is if I am doing nothing.

One question (first of many to come I assure you) where would be the best place on the Alderlea insert to put a thermo? With it having a cast shell around it I dont know if I would get a decent reading.

Nice! Congratulations. It looks like the upper doorface corner is the only location that might accommodate a 2" dial thermometer. But I think I would use an IR thermometer to monitor the stove. The cast iron facade is too nice to sully with a thermometer.

Thanks BeGreen- It is one good looking stove. I really like the looks of the freestanding
T5 and T6. I would have loved to use those warming racks. I had a chance to look over the T5 and a Buck 74 side by side. Really liked the T5 much more than I thought I would...

IR Thermo is a good idea...will look for one when in town. I gotta get some more time to get my supplies and wood built up nicely.

Awesome, I'm sure you will love it and can't wait to see pictures of the install.

Cert106- I sure hope I like it...I have never owned a stove so I am going right now over to read your 'Learning Curve Thread'. Thanks for posting your findings.

Hope to be here during the install...I will be an unhappy camper if I have to work.

Shadow&Flame; said:
Cert106- I sure hope I like it...I have never owned a stove so I am going right now over to read your 'Learning Curve Thread'. Thanks for posting your findings.

Hope to be here during the install...I will be an unhappy camper if I have to work.

I have been thinking about that thread lately and will be updating it before to long. I installed the blower on the stove and put in a stovepipe damper this summer and let me tell you what the blower makes a huge difference I have had about two fires in it this fall and was amazed at how much more heat it felt like it put out. I definitely don't think I will be pushing this stove as hard in the dead of winter to keep the house warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.