Really Pleased with my Stove(Even with the Other Problems)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

My Accentra Insert is wonderful. Heats up my Whole House, Two Floors very Nicely. But Have learnt a very nearly Expensive Lesson Today. First day of the new year and found a frozen pipe on my Upper lever heating.(oil). Because I had turned the Thermostats down thanks to the heat from the pellet stove, a section of pipe had frozen.
Emergency Plumber call out and $200 later, a lesson learnt.
Keep the Oil Heating ON to keep the water circulating
But I'm still very happy with my Stove.

camdids said:
My Accentra Insert is wonderful. Heats up my Whole House, Two Floors very Nicely. But Have learnt a very nearly Expensive Lesson Today. First day of the new year and found a frozen pipe on my Upper lever heating.(oil). Because I had turned the Thermostats down thanks to the heat from the pellet stove, a section of pipe had frozen.
Emergency Plumber call out and $200 later, a lesson learnt.
Keep the Oil Heating ON to keep the water circulating
But I'm still very happy with my Stove.

I miss my warm basement but would not trade for the 70f 2nd floor and the 56f bedrooms

Thank you for sharing your lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.